Backwoods Security Services Ltd. is an Alberta Based security and protective services provider owned by the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation. We are part of the larger family of Backwoods Energy Services which prides itself in its ability to execute on projects in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. This culture is the basis on which our security company has been built, and is reinforced by our Security Management Team, which consists of senior professionals who have managed security requirements for major projects and organizations throughout Alberta. With our access to highly experienced Indigenous security guards, Backwoods Security offers top-tier security execution while creating a positive socio-economic impact within Indigenous communities.
Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel; patrols and protects assigned property, promotes and enforces safety and security and acts as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for our clients by patrolling and monitoring premises
- Monitor surveillance equipment, inspect buildings, equipment and access points
- Access Control: Permit authorized persons entry to site when required
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, inform violators of policy and procedures; restrain if necessary
- Control traffic by directing drivers
- Complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments (FLHA’s) and Daily Occurrence Reports (DOR’s) and Incident Reports (IR’s) when required
- Inspect Backwoods vehicles, notify Security Coordinator when service is required
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
- Arrive for your shift on time. If you know you will be unable to fulfill your duties, you must communicate with the Security Coordinator ahead of time or organize a replacement
- Able to work efficiently and effectively both as part of a team or individually on site
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions when required, work indoors or in camps
- Driving Backwoods truck in all weather conditions; advise Security Coordinator when service is required
- Adhere to all traffic laws and regulations, such as driving within speed limits.
- Shifts are generally 12 hours per day; Hours of Work Averaging Agreement in place.
- Overtime and weekend work may be required
- 1-year experience in Security
- ABST training/AB Security Guard License
- Additional training: First Aid/CPR/AED, CSTS-09, PCST & H2S
- Objectivity, emotional control and dependability
- Able to follow complex instructions, both written and verbal
- Knowledgeable about security operations and procedures
Key Performance Indicators
- Able to react appropriately in emergency & high stress situations
- Able to anticipate, identify and solve problems
- Utilizes exceptional judgement & decision-making skills in order to provider professional service to clients
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to our website: https://www.backwoodsenergy.ca/careers/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.