As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Please ensure you indicate your availability in your application.
Under the general supervision of the Program Supervisor and the technical direction and guidance of the Head Lifeguard, safeguards the facility to ensure the public have a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience.
- Current certifications: National Lifeguard Service, Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Must be customer service orientated and able to get along with other members of the staff team
- Must demonstrate initiative and show a positive attitude
- CRCS/LSS Instructor
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must maintain all awards current from date of application until end of employment period
- Must attend and complete within three months of employment, customer service training and WHMIS training
- Must undergo a successful police records check, Type 2
- Will be required to work irregular hours and weekends