Jamie’s Italian Canada is all about simple, authentic Italian dishes made fresh and interpreted with Jamie’s enthusiastic flare. Focusing on fresh, sustainable ingredients and bold, classic flavours, the restaurant will wow every guest whether they are grabbing a bite in the cozy bar to refuel after shopping, meeting for a business lunch or for a family meal before taking in a movie.
Line Cooks ensure efficient time effciency at all times, a working knowledge of food preparation and a solid grasp of the brand. The Cook ensures the mise en place of the section is performed to the highest standard required at all times, maintains the highest presentation, correct positioning and cooking of food at all times with guidance from the Back of House Management team. He/ she maintains the highest standard of cleanliness and up-keep of equipment, ensures daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties are carried out as instructed by Senior Chefs. The Cooks contribute to building the team and energetic team spirit as well as having an active interest in fellow employees’ welfare, safety and development.
- 2+ years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant, experience with Italian cuisine an asset
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing (up to 10 hours/shift)
**This position will start immediately**