Mobilize Jobs has wonderful opportunities for eager individuals with a passion for cuisine and who seek to apply and enhance their culinary skills. Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, take directions and have a willingness to learn, work in a fast-paced manner and provide adequate service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and cook menu items by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meets organizational standards
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by maintaining occupational health & safety standards (e.g., WHMIS labels, food handling and storage, hygiene etc.)
- Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
- Other related duties as required
ABOUT MOBILIZE JOBS
Mobilize is a new staffing model that works on a rotational placement basis, supplying tourism, hospitality and food services businesses with a continuous supply of motivated staff. Mobilizers rotate to different locations seasonally, so participating businesses always have great team members who are eager and ready to work. Mobilize offers Canadians an exciting employment adventure where they work in and experience different amazing locations each summer and winter. It's a professional, structured program that provides employees with full-time, paid work over one to two seasons. Mobilizers live in each location for a season, working with a different business each time, and gain valuable work experience in a variety of roles. The program arranges everything from placement to housing.
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work.
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- Opportunity to Travel across Canada and experience different positions in a number of different locations.
- Six-month summer placements available for our annual summer and winter sessions.
- Once your time has been completed, you'll walk away with new job references, new friends and memories to last a lifetime. If you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE?
Wages will vary based on experience, but needless to say this employment adventure is more about the experience than getting rich. You will be making enough to live on, without the burden of finding and paying for rent and utilities. You will always be making at least the minimum wage, with monthly performance bonuses program wide, and free housing. This works out to $15.00 per hour, plus gratuities and performance bonuses, and your accommodations are taken care of.
Housing is covered:
- Over the course of your deployment, all housing costs will be covered by the Mobilize program.
- The program works in groups of "Mobilizers," so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- Liquor license to be able to serve and work with alcohol.
- A sense of adventure!