KIK Custom Products is the manufacturing partner to some of the world's largest retailers and brand owners. Our extensive portfolio of liquid, aerosol, solid and semi-solid products spans a wide range of consumer goods. Nearly 60% of our products are personal care with the remainder made up of home care and over-the-counter categories. KIK's expansive network of 22 aerosol lines, 35 liquid/bottle lines, 2 fine fragrance lines and 15 tube lines can handle product runs in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Our product capabilities: Personal Care, Aerosol Fragrance Salon and Spa Medicated and Over-the-Counter (OTC), Home Care, and Pharmaceutical.
KCM Division's Rexdale, Ontario location provides a wide range of contract manufacturing services for companies looking to outsource various products such as pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and other care items. The Rexdale facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. Custom Division's Rexdale facility procures, blends, fills and packages a wide variety of liquid personal care products.
We are searching for a Line Mechanic to independently operate, changeover, and maintain production lines. The Line Mechanic Reports to Maintenance Supervisor, and must be collaborative. Must be observed by Production and Maintenance Management effectively accomplishing the following task requirements for at least two (2) production lines with minimal supervision and without assistance from a more experienced Mechanic: This is an ideal position for a sharp beginner willing to grow!
This is an Midnight Shift from 11:30pm - 7:45am.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Performs changeover and set-up of Packaging Machinery
- Test Packaging Machine changeover
- Perform all preventative maintenance of Packaging Machinery
- Uses and follows the set-up and Blue Book specifications
- Complete code sheet and log books
- Performs and completes daily operations safety checklist
- Operate drill press, band saw, hydraulic and arbor press and air tools.
- Performs periodic equipment rebuilds
- Remove Scrap Drum & Scrap Barrels from Production Line
- Assist Teamleader with lunch and break schedule for line employees
- Clean and maintain area after change-overs and repairs
- Follow Safety/GMP guidelines
- Follow Enzyme Policies and Procedures when applicable
- Maintain an Annual Performance Evaluation Rating of Meets Plan or better
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Successful completion of Skills assessment and Panel Interview
- Must provide resume for consideration
- At least 1 year industrial mechanic experience or equivalent
- Team player; Participation on Plant Continuous Improvement (CI) Process
- Attendance is essential to job qualification.
- No unexcused absence is acceptable.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs and push/pull 400lbs.Using hands and arms together to move various items
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in an Industrial Environment.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must pass written and mechanical test administered by the Maintenance Department
- Must be able to physically endure work schedule
- Ability to adjust and move equipment to complete projects
A Career With KIK offers:
- Very competitive wages & comprehensive benefits package including 401K program, health – dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and much more within 3 months of successful employment in this position
- Professional atmosphere, great working conditions, dynamic leadership
- Autonomy, training, personal and professional development opportunities
Thank you for your consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.