Our motto, "We are Ladies and Gentlemen, serving Ladies and Gentlemen", is evident in every interaction with our customers, co-workers, and team mates. We strive to find the best and brightest talent for each position within our organization, enabling the unique qualities of each individual to shine and compliment the entire team.
The ramp agent is responsible for providing efficient service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company procedures with primary focus on receiving and departing aircraft. Also requires communicating effectively with customers, pilots, and team members within the line service and customer service departments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet incoming and prepare departing aircraft
- Assist in aircraft movement, placement, and storage as a wing walker
- Fulfill pilot's service requests
- Van runs-passengers and pilots
- Monthly crew meetings
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer focus-naturally outgoing/extroverted
- Communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by our insurance company (Requires clean driving record)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Bi-linqual preferred
This position reports to the Line Service Manager
This position works outside in all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
- Outside work in all types of weather conditions
- Position may requires bending, lifting, walking, stooping, squatting, gripping and climbing a ladder
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt position This position includes shift work which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications
- Customer service experience in the service industry preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Entry level position
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Zero tolerance drug free employer includes pre-employment and random screening
Million Air is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with our without notice.