Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas
•Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
•End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
•Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
•Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
•Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm’s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to implement and maintain the next version of our large scale heterogeneous Linux plant. The existing environment consists of a mixture of open source and in-house written Perl and Python components which will be modernized and replaced to ensure the continued delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure with increased agility and flexibility.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is responsible for maintaining and improving Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, Red Hat Linux, configuration management, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools.
Role Profile and Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a Linux System Administrator with Perl or Python development experience.
- You will have experience of managing, deploying to and debugging large scale production environments.
- You will work with firewall teams and submit tickets for rule changes and troubleshooting requests.
- You will be able to write secure, testable, robust code.
- You will be responsible for on-call responsibilities shared with a global team.
- You will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists.
- You will contribute and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
- You will have experience with Change Management and Problem management practices.
- You will be expected to collaborate with a global team to accomplish deliverables.
- You will be responsible to participate in open forums with your global team to discuss projects.
- 4+ years of Enterprise Level Experience in Large Distributed Environment
- In Depth Experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with monitoring tools and solutions
- Experience with VMWare technologies such as ESXi, vCenter, and vSAN
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as: Puppet, Docker, Satellite
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible faced paced enterprise environment.
- Coding experience with Perl/Python or shell scripting.
- Experience automating workflow
- Ability to work with a global team.
- An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices
- An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to write technical documentation and teach team members.
Nice to have:
- Solid understand of Linux Kernel internals performance tuning
- Experience with application integration
Knowledge of French and English are required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.