About the Company:
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. (“TAMI”) is a privately owned investment firm who actively owns and manages our multi-family residential buildings with experienced professionals. Our roots started in 1999 with our founding partners managing the day-to-day operations of the buildings themselves. Since then Timbercreek has expanded across Canada. Today we are a $8.0 billion multi-faceted investment management company focused on both domestic and international real estate investment. Over the past few years TAMI has been ranked multiple times by PROFIT Magazine as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
Timbercreek Communities (“TCOM”), a division of TAMI, currently manages a quality portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings totaling over 20,000 residential suites well located in thirty cities and six provinces across Canada, including throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
We are the leading owner and operator of multi-family residential communities across Canada. Timbercreek takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to working together collaboratively with our team and community members to create better living experiences.
About the Position:
This is a full-time live-in opportunity.
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests
- Be available to residents for general inquiries about living in their suite, building and community
- Demonstrate excellent sales/leasing skills by minimizing vacancy (maintaining an occupancy rate of 100%)
- Show prospective residents available suites, process resident applications and lease agreements
- Responsible for enforcing the terms of lease agreements, such as rent collection, rules and regulations, and following procedures of serving notices to residents
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the building (general maintenance and cleaning)
- Perform resident service requests in addition to routine repairs and maintenance for in-suite, interior and exterior common areas
- Complete repairs and maintenance of vacant suites
- Ability to complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, and basic electrical repairs, safely use and maintain tools of the job
- Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA and Human Rights
- Pro-actively inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or preventative maintenance is required
- Ensure the apartment complex is maintained and cleaned in accordance with company standards
- Responsible for “move-in, move-out” procedures
- Monitors performance of external contractors to ensure quality workmanship and customer service
- Assist in training on-site Team Members (Assistant Building Managers, Maintenance Associates and Cleaners) on operational procedures
- Ability to represent company at Landlord Tenant Board hearings
- All other duties within the scope of the job, as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of related experience in a customer service or related role
- Must be willing to live on-site
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, Email, Internet)
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tools
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Exposure to the multi-residential or other related industry asset class would be considered an asset
- WHMIS certification would be an asset
- Experience with Fire Life Safety & Building Inspections would be an asset
- Knowledge of current laws, legislation and rights concerning residents would be an asset
- Building/Property Maintenance experience would be an asset
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated individual with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.