Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/careers .
The dual role of Logistics Coordinator/After Sales Support Representative is responsible for the primary day-to-day interface with customers for order placement and arrangement of delivery. This role is also responsible for post-sale customer relationships, managing and resolving customer account exceptions relative to invoicing, cash application, and account credits. The Coordinator/ASSR is responsible for all administrative activities that support accurate and timely invoicing of deliveries as well as coordination with contract truck partners to ensure customers receive a high-level delivery service from Lafarge. This is a customer-facing role that requires a service-oriented mindset and a highly professional approach.
- Adhere to all Lafarge safety policies and procedures.
- Have a flexible schedule. This position will require an individual to work different shifts as well as take calls after hours when required.
- Responsible for the order taking & order fulfillment processing for pick up or delivery (including assignment of carriers, as applicable).
- Responsible for utilizing and managing inventory and allocation, including selection of supply.
- Fulfill and exceed customer expectations in compliance with policies, practices and procedures.
- Advocate for customers. The CVR/ASSR is responsible for overcoming obstacles and solving problems that negatively impact Lafarge’s customer service offering.
- Monitor freight files for carrier selection and invoice purposes.
- Input all manual bills of Lading.
- Collaborate with Sales team, carriers & customers in all paving procedures. Formulate and follow up on all paving records and contracts.
- Provides detailed, factual information to customer inquiries, including:
- MSDS sheets, Mill Tests, Letters of Certification, Lafarge brochures, technical literature, Sales contact information, etc.
- Monthly Mill Tests mailed to customers.
- Timely response to customer complaints with appropriate follow up, including escalation as required.
- Maintains a high level of quality on all calls and is knowledgeable of services, products and methods of delivery for Lafarge Cement.
- Creates and maintains monthly reports as required.
- Conduct proactive outbound calls to customers
- Optimize, monitor inventories shipments at Lafarge and non Lafarge controlled sites.
- Manage demand for deliveries
- Implement business intelligence plan (sourcing and reporting of market and competitor information)
- Conducting customer surveys
- Participate in value selling per directions and as appropriate.
- Monitors customer credit limits.
- Keep backup information and knowledge for after sales support activities.
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders from Sales, Logistics, and Operations teams as well as external truck partners.
- Troubleshoot and correct unapplied and misapplied cash to customer accounts. Coordinate effort with Lafarge Service Centers.
- Customer account reconciliation/cleanup effort when necessary.
- Oversee application of credit card payments and manage historical files of credit card transactions.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly credit call for respective Sales District.
- Ensure proper documentation is kept for transactions that will stand up to the scrutiny of auditory requirements.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associate degree/college diploma or greater in an applicable field.
- Experience in a related field preferred.
- Understanding of building materials industry, including product knowledge, an asset.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building (External customers and internal Lafarge personnel)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Time and self management skills, including being self directed, effective realization of current priorities associated with answering customer calls, scheduling call backs while being able to re-prioritize as requested.
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Interpersonal savvy
- Customer interaction/Customer focus
- Action-oriented/Demonstrates drive
- Priority setting and time management
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Trust and credibility
- Peer relationships
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.