Job Number: 10417
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Assembly Technology (Canada)
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
In an increasingly global and competitive world of automotive manufacturing, engineers need to accurately model and predict manufacturing reality in advance of production start or implementation of changes in production / logistic systems. At Cosma Assembly Technology, we help our customers achieve world-class manufacturing by using the latest technologies to design and validate automotive assembly processes and concepts. Our customers include some of the largest Magna production facilities around the globe. Cosma Assembly Technology, located in Brampton, Ontario, is a division of Magna International. Our business is engineering, but our greatest asset is the people who drive the business forward. Our capabilities include 3D process design & simulation, 3D ergonomics analysis, fixture design, off-line robotic programming, discrete event simulation, and the continuous improvement of existing assembly applications.
The role of Logistics Specialist combines knowledge about operations, production, logistics, scheduling, process data collection and analysis, and scenario analysis to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and provide solutions to current and future Magna production plants. In a project-based environment, interaction with customers, other teams and field work are part of the work activities. Experience in lean manufacturing methodology, value-stream mapping, TPS, or World Class Manufacturing(WCM) would be an asset
- Generate value stream maps to reflect the flow of information and material through complex, high volume manufacturing facilities
- Collect, compile, organize and validate data related to logistic and production systems, including PFEP (process for every part), material routing and transportation, and buffer and storage dimensioning.
- Model, validate and analyze supplied production processes using Logistics concepts.
- Advise and support the implementation of logistic policies, considering alternative modals, in-bound and outbound material flows, production and cost-effectiveness constraints.
- Interact with the Discrete Event Simulation Team to support buffer-capacity, route and material-flow optimization studies, identifying the root cause(s) of throughput variability and providing real-world data to strengthen logistics/production efficiency.
- Assist Process Engineers and divisions to optimize Design Processes.
- Conduct build-sequence, layout, cycle-time and material-flow validations.
- Conduct multivariate analyses to find main effects or interactions between variables on the JPH output of production lines.
- Follow ISO 9001 and MAFACT process as required by company.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree of industrial engineering or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of logistic concepts, methods and tools.
- Knowledge of value stream mapping is an asset
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodology
- Knowledge of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of material flow modeling software (e.g. Factory Flow) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Discrete Event Simulation methods and software is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Automotive industry required.
- Demonstrated experience with Operations Management / Production Engineering / Logistics concepts and methods, focusing on efficiency improvement / waste reduction, in-bound logistics, inventory analysis and optimization, route and flow optimization.
- Good understanding of lean principles is an asset.
- Experience with Operations Research concepts and methods with a focus on simulation modeling, and specifically with Discrete Event Simulation is an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and with other teams, meeting project goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and implement new concepts and learn new software.
- Keen to improve existing internal processes and work flows.
- Organized, with proven ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to provide reasonable time estimates for task completion.
- Ability to understand and follow established rules, procedures and policies relating to his/her position.
- Reliable, self-motivated, team player.
- Excellent English skills (fluent in spoken and written, presentation skills). Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.