- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Loading and unloading of goods. Load and Unload freight at various locations in Canada and USA.
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- Pre-Trip, en route and post trip inspections of all company equipment
- Plan travel schedules and routes.
- Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Drive tractor/trailer unit long distance in Canada and USA
- Pay and receive payments for goods.
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Carry out all duties related to long-haul driving
- Perform brake adjustments.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs.
- Professionalism in customer service.
- Maintain log books, bill of landing and all required paperwork for transportation requirements
- Handle inquiries from customers.
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Education: No formal education required
Experience: 2+ years experience is preferred, with experience driving in the mountains. Company will provide training if needed.
- Valid (Class 1 or A) driver license is required, Air Brake Z Endorsement.
- Must be able to cross USA border
- Willing to travel extended periods and travel overnight
Training: our training plan for entry level drivers (without experience) includes full driver in-house orientation in classroom, team driving with instructor (short runs), mentor mentee raining (driver in own truck) and on-going training
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance. Worker’s compensation board
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 3214 5th Avenue North Lethbridge AB, T1H 0P4
Apply by fax: 403-327-0267