We are changing the way water utilities and heavy industry manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water facilities with an Artificial Intelligence-driven platform to help their operational staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we are able to help facilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded software engineers – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. As a Machine Learning Engineer at EMAGIN, you will be responsible for deploying the data architecture behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community as you bridge the technical and business worlds to deliver products for the global water industry. You will have the opportunity to build mission-critical systems for global high profile clients using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You Will Do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you play a major role in a team of developers and engineers in deploying and supporting EMAGIN’s Hybrid Adaptive Real-time Intelligence (HARVI) application.
- Work with domain experts to analyze and manage time-series data from the global water industry.
- Work with data engineers, data scientists and domain experts to build, evaluate, deploy and maintain high-performance machine-learning models.
- Work with back-end developers to design and build scalable and robust, computationally intensive technologies for near real-time execution.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent is required.
- Masters level degree in Data Science (nice to have).
- 3+ years of experience with for data science and/or software engineering
- Experience with Python Data science libraries (numpy, pandas, scipy, tensorflow/pytorch, scikit-learn, etc)
- Proficiency in Python, Java, Scala, R, or equivalent
- Extensive experience connecting to various data sources and structures: APIs, SQL, NoSQL, Blob Storage, etc.
- Experience in the end to end modelling process (data analysis, data cleaning, feature engineering, modelling, testing/validation)
- Experience building a time-series model using ML algorithms (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of optimization, classification, clustering and other machine learning technologies
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Why we think you will love working with us.
Build something that makes a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a tight-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly social events
- Flexible hours
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario's Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.