Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
- To understand and operate the processes involved for the machining of stators and rotors, initially working under the supervision of either an apprentice and/or a journeyman in these tasks. Machines will include Manual Lathe, Drill press, Band Saw, Mill, and CNC Machines.
- To Operate and Monitor the running condition of machinery; read measuring instruments; respond to all computer error messages, inform supervisor/lead of problems and operational concerns; participate in trouble shooting and problem resolution; conduct inspection according to requirements
- Accurately complete reporting on Work Orders, and data entry as required.
- Operate the overhead crane, and or forklift, to safely and efficiently move material
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies and procedures and standards to maintain within company guidelines
- Duties as required, including clean-up duties, scanning of attendance, and work order time / materials.
- Minimum Grade 12 education; equivalency considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency, through pre-employment testing, in reading comprehension, writing and basic math calculations in the English language
- Knowledge and use of computerized equipment and machinery is ideal
- Safe and efficient use of hand tools required
- CNC Machinist ticket not required but considered an asset
- Quality inspection experience an asset
- Manual labor work experience is required
- Previous experience in a production/manufacturing machining or assembly environment
- Oil and gas and/or automotive industry experience is an asset
This facility is located in South East Edmonton in an area with limited public transportation; the successful candidate will need to have reliable transportation.
This position is based on an afternoon shift (4 pm to midnight).
The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a Pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical screen, including base line audio test prior to commencement of employment.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and opportunities for on-going training and career development.