Job Number: 6877
Group: Cosma International
Division: Massiv Die Form
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.Job description:
This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well being of our company.
- Read/interpret blueprints, SMIRT designs accurately.
- Set up, program, and operate CNC Milling Machines accurately and efficiently.
- Select appropriate cutting tools as required.
- Perform quality checks on an ongoing basis to ensure product is within tolerance.
- Set example for and provide continuous training to machine apprentices and fellow employees as assigned
- Ability to operate Matsuura H Plus 405 c/w Fanuc G Tech 30i control and Makino A71 c/e with Fanuc Pro 5 Control.
- Ability to operate a Okuma Horizontal and Vertical Machines c/w OSP E100M, U100, P200M Controllers
- Fill out machine/job book on a daily basis and communicate necessary information to Leadhands and co-workers from shift to shift.
- Operate overhead crane when required
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Recognized Certificate of Qualification as Machinist or equivalent work experience
- Good knowledge of cutting tools and capable of obtaining maximum performance
- Proficiency with Tebis programming & simulation software.
- Must be fully competent with Tebis V 3.5 r4 minimum.
- Familiar with a CAM software
- Must be fully competent with Okuma E, U and P series controls, Fanuc 160 is M, GTech 30 and Pro 5 series controls, Heidenhain iTNC 530 control.
- Proven track record using the latest tooling and fixturing.
- Familiar with latest CNC Machining strategies.
- Familiar with OKK c/w Fanuc 18iM control
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of production facility, systems and equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills and scheduling abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Shop Floor environment
- Afternoon Shift or Weekend Day Shift Available
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.