Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Windows Desktop Operations Team is a global level 3 support team dedicated to supporting the firm's global plant of 150,000+ Windows desktops, laptops and virtual PCs and a constantly growing Enterprise level MacOS population. We provide service and support to internal teams and senior VIP clients on Windows and MacOS Platform and desktop application-related issues as well as close collaboration with the Engineering, IT Security, Service Desk, Desk Side Support teams and third party vendors to handle escalations, provide documentation, resolve complex technical issues and implement new products across the plant. As a global team, we provide 24/7 coverage for incident escalation in a follow-the-sun model.
This role is specific to the Mac platform management. With growing population of MacOS and Mac device users we are looking for a specialist who will be critical to the operation of the global Mac platform and individuals on this team are often called upon to troubleshoot incidents impacting the stability of these services.
The candidate will be working with end users, engineering, project management and security to ensure that both the Mac and Windows desktop platforms are secure and stable by organizing testing, validation, deployment, troubleshooting and preparing documentation for internally developed and third party applications.
Work with and become proficient in a variety of enterprise technologies like Jamf, MacOS, Core apps relating to MacOS, etc.
- Work with and be part of a talented global team, employing a Follow the Sun support model.
- Bring your own experience, while contributing to or leading regional and global projects.
- Opportunity to expand into other areas managed by End User Technology space.
- Assume responsibility in a gradual manner, fully supported by your team members all the way.
We’re looking for skilled technologists who are self-directed, self-motivated, and highly reliable. Many of the issues we face are unique and complex, and require creative thinking, perseverance, patience, and a willingness to ask questions in order to arrive at a solution.
To be best prepared for this role, you should posses the below - ideally in a demanding enterprise organization.
- 5+ years experience Level 3 Support of both Mac and Windows Operating systems (including backend) from both software and hardware troubleshooting standpoint.
- 5+ years field experience with Apple MacOS (Mojave or Higher Versions)
- 5+ years experience with JAMF/Casper. Application Packaging, Deployment experience is must
- Experience in Patch management for endpoints (MacOS and Windows)
- Experience in managing user escalations and with daily client/customer interactions.
- Experience with supporting Windows desktop platform and knowledge of one or more enterprise operations tools, such as Splunk, SysTrack, SCCM, InTune would be a great help.
- ACMT (Apple Certified Mac Technician), CCA (Casper Certified Administrator), Jamf 200 and above certification, skills in PowerShell, automation, or documentation authoring experience would be a definite plus.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.