Job DescriptionJob Title: Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (MRI) Work Site: Various Sites: Lions Gate Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Vancouver, BC Children's Hospital, University of BC Hospital, Richmond Hospital, Burnaby Hospital, Royal Columbia Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Jim Pattison Pavilion Surrey, St Paul's Hospital, Peace Arch Hospitaland Abbotsford Regional Hosipital.Status: Regular Full Time, Part Time and CasualStart Date: As soon as possible Salary: $32.00 - $39.89 per hourHours: Various rotations available Reference#: 119228-jga
Vancouver Coastal Health is the Lead Health Authority for Medical Imaging. We are currently looking for keen MRI technologists to join our teams throughout the Lower Mainland.
JOB SUMMARY:Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the department across the Lower Mainland Medical Imaging (LMMI) health authorities (Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services and Vancouver Coastal Health). Performs examinations in MRI in accordance with departmental policy and procedures, observing safe radiation protection practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the radiology information system, preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures, operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data, monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance. May be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift.QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Current certification with CAMRT (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course when required by site practice and one (1) year recent, related experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current General Radiography and MRI theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in MRI techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies. 3
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.3
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.