Are you a self-starter with strong organization and communication skills?
Join a supportive team that ensures hospital staff have what they need to provide “excellence in health care”.
What you’ll do
- Collect, process, and deliver inter-hospital records and parcels.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide customer support and help address envelopes, locate mail, and answer general questions.
What you bring
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with mail sorting, processing and distributing.
You also can
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work well with others.
- Organize your work.
- Living withing half an hour (Richmond, Vancouver, Burnaby and New West) from Vancouver General Hospital is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
Working with the Hospital Replenishment Distribution Team you will:
- Be part of a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Be a valued team member in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work for an organization that encourages ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities.
- Have access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
- Location: BC Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
- Closing date: Open until filled
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 0900-1700
- Reference number: 089490E
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and strive to create a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.