Client ID: 283606
On behalf of our client in the Government Services Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Mainframe Developer.
Mainframe Developer – Job Description
- Experience as a COBOL developer in an MVS environment writing programs that access DB2 and IMS databases
- Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications.
- Experience developing or maintaining large scale IT systems, including high-volume batch programs
- Ability to understand and analyze business requirements, and to design structured programs that efficiently satisfy these requirements
- Ability to write programs that are modular, well-structured, and easy to maintain
- Demonstrated success writing system design and implementation documents
- Experience with, and understanding of, relational databases
- Preparation of test plans, test data, and unit-testing of programs
- Participate in business requirements walkthroughs
- Conduct/participate in design walkthroughs
- Conduct/participate in testing walkthroughs
- Analysis of business requirement documents and liaison with clients
- Respond to client queries and troubleshooting of production incidents
- Proven and demonstrable troubleshooting and analytical experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong consulting skills to engage with all stakeholders.
- A demonstrated team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
Mainframe Developer – Mandatory Skills
- Preparation of implementation plans and promotion of modules
- Development and design of new programs or enhancements to existing ones (environment: IBM Mainframe – COBOL and DB2, occasional IMS)
- Experience with one or more platforms, including the operating system, database technology, communication protocols, middleware and gateways
- Ability to analyze and update legacy COBOL code
Mainframe Developer - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 17 months to start
Mainframe Developer - Assignment Location