The Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for completing administration functions for the Operation Facilities and Maintenance Programs. The Maintenance Coordinator will have constant interaction with the Maintenance Managers to ensure routine and corrective maintenance is identified, scheduled, completed and documented. This position reports to the Director of Operations Facilities and Services.
- Prepare, enter and track requisitions while maintaining critical spare part databases and inventories for Maintenance.
- Track materials and parts expenses for maintenance invoices utilizing company IT systems.
- Enter procedures and track completion of maintenance work activities utilizing Computer Maintenance Management System. Work with Maintenance Managers to keep the system updated and report results.
- Work with all Department Managers to ensure any new equipment and facility changes are reflected in the manuals, policies, procedures and IT systems.
- Assist and resolve minor scheduling conflicts and maintenance issues.
- Receive, organize and route facility and maintenance request to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with tools and warehouse inventories as required.
- Maintain liaison between Seaspan departments, suppliers and customers.
- Assist with department activities and correspondence as required.
- Maintain the data required for procurement of spare parts, aftermarket or other operation facility materials.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Operations Facilities and Services.
Education and Experience
- College diploma supplemented by solid Maintenance Program knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in conducting maintenance and program management roles.
- Experienced in using maintenance IT programs, maintaining spare parts and work order databases.
- Experience managing comprehensive data records both electronic and paper
- Experience working with requisition programs for supplies and services.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word and Excel.
- Good knowledge of quality management practices highly desirable
- Strong organization skills - ability to plan and organize work independently
- Good communication skills