We are seeking an experienced Maintenance & Facility Manager to lead a team, while establishing and maintaining daily processes. The successful incumbent will have a minimum of three years of experience managing a commercial/industrial facility and have a strong understand of best Health & Safety practices. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for emergency response, troubleshooting, and repair of facility and operations equipment to minimize disruption of work activities.
- Team Management: addressing performance issues, coach, mentor, develop, strategic planning
- Track of and report on activity.
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep of staff.
- Administer the Performance Evaluation process including setting objectives and expectations, rating performance, doing Performance Reviews and submitting wage increase recommendations.
- Manage employee schedules, as well as vacation and absences.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Regularly audit the workplace and storage areas to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and ensure inspections are appropriately documented.
- Monitor expenses and delivering key financial kpi’s for to ensure the optimal performance of your department.
- Practical experience in establishing and managing preventative Maintenance programs
- Creation and development of annual goals and objectives and projects; develop maintenance structures & processes and ensuring implementation.
- Implement projects and drive results to complete outstanding work orders and deliver keys goals and results of said projects.
- Ensure all best Health & Safety practices are implemented and adhere to, including documenting and the investigation of incidents.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary whilst ensuring the companies facilities are well-cared for and maintained to the highest standards.
- Maintenance of key logs and daily reports are maintained and kept up to date in a timely manner.
- Solid understanding of plumbing and electrical, HVAC systems as well as carpentry and other general crafts/labor (Direct, guide: i.e. hanging items, putting together office furniture, painting, repairing drywall, ceiling tiles, etc.).
- Working knowledge of facilities, machines and equipment.
- Be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations
- Proven ability to lead a team and develop skills and abilities of direct reports
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a car, occasional travel within the GTA
- Must be available for on call site security and/ or fire alarms.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent in Applied Science, preferably Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Skilled trade certification, preferably Electrician, Millwright, Plumbing or HVAC related.