JD Norman Industries, Inc. is a diversified manufacturer of metal components and systems with operations in North America and Europe. JD Norman is a leader in the manufacturing of highly engineered product including formed, machined and cast metals. The company serves major original equipment manufacturers of automotive, industrial and transportation products. The Maintenance Manager directs and supervises all maintenance activities and develops solutions to various maintenance problems.
Key Activities/Responsibilities :
- Develop and maintains a program of preventative maintenance covering all production machinery and other capital equipment using ERP system.
- Track completed monthly safety inspections. Contacts and works with suppliers regarding machine equipment and facility maintenance.
- Prioritizes work requests that are given to the Maintenance department.
- Lead and implement major capital projects in the area of plant and facilities management.
- Maintains stock of spare parts needed to maintain machinery and equipment at the facility.
- Participates in improvement projects as required assigning maintenance support.
- Assists in the coordination of outside suppliers where necessary
- Participates in the selection of new equipment and machinery
- On call 24 hours/7days a week for spills, fires, injuries, natural disasters, security and equipment breakdowns that affect the facility.
- Successfully manage the plant expansion and installation of the new line maintaining budget and timing
- Maintain facilities and equipment per Company standards
- Improve and machine uptime to a minimum of 90%
- Support production as required
Requirements: Certification Necessary
- 10 years experience as a ticketed Millwright in an Auto or Metals related industry.
- History of progressive advancement into leadership and management roles.
- Experience leading a maintenance department and managing personnel and budget.
- Able to lead a team of Millwrights and Electicians on a 3 shift schedule.