Winnipeg, MB, CA, R2X 1R2
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
This position is responsible for maintaining the bakery equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. Maintain open and reliable communication with co-workers on equipment operations, safety and operating status.
- Prepare, test and troubleshoot all production lines prior to start-up in a timely manner.
- Promote and adhere to safe work practices in the bakery i.e. lock-out procedures
- Work in accordance with company policies, departmental procedures, good manufacturing practices, and workplace health and safety regulations
- Carry out duties as specified by Maintenance Manager and Supervisor
- Timely and accurate completion of all paper work on repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair production equipment in a timely manner, using blueprints and manuals.
- Carry out minor building maintenance and repairs
- Perform basic welding with both Arc and TIG, as well as basic machining skills
- Maintain ongoing communication with other departments and assist in continuous equipment improvement.
- Problems solve, analyze and identify waste areas and recommend solutions.
- Install new equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Carry out equipment modifications to improve product quality and reduce downtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding and application of English oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to understand the scheduling process, quality training and safety policies and procedures after training completion
- Completed (minimum) Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Able to work shifts and understand scheduling processes.
- Trouble shoot equipment problems.
- Capable of managing multiple projects on a timely basis.
- Punctual and organized.
- Capable of heavy lifting
- High sense of urgency and ownership of ones work
- Able to work with minimum supervision in a diverse team environment
- Red Seal Certified Journeyman Millwright with a minimum 2 years' expereince
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Basic welding, fabrication and machining skills
- Able to read hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and diagrams
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Certified in WHMIS/MSDS Program
- Knowledge of PLC/VFD and control circuits
- Expereince in rebuilding pumps, motors, gearboxes and process equipment
- Experience in machinery installation and rigging
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.