Scope of the Position
Under general supervision of the Maintenance Engineer or Plant Manager, the Planner/Scheduler plans, schedules, and coordinates a broad spectrum of preventive, routine, repair and emergency maintenance activities at the Plant, using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as a primary tool. This role also supports the procurement and warehousing of parts and supplies for the site. Maintains assigned portion of Engineering Office and related information retrieval systems data, vendor files, plant drawings, and related.
What You Need To Be Successful
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, with preference for heavy duty mechanical experience, ticketed millwright or bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in the methods, practices, tools, equipment, material and safety procedures used in the repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and instrument equipment used in refinery/chemical facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in preventive maintenance principles and practices; planning methods and tools, including planning and scheduling software.
- Demonstrated strong two-way verbal and written communication skills including the ability to listen, explain, and facilitate.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, (INFOR and/or SAP preferred) and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts.
- Experience working in hazardous chemical environments a plus.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plans and schedules maintenance work based on demand, workload, skill sets, and available parts; inspects work locations; uses the computer, CMMS, and other resources to develop plans.
- Ensures all equipment and parts required for the work plan are available for each job including staging of parts and is responsible for the coordination of outside services such as scaffolding, rentals, inspections services, etc.
- Orders parts required to execute work orders.
- Maintains Work Order backlog and works with Operations and Maintenance Management to prioritize and schedule work plans for the short and long term. This includes leading the weekly Maintenance Planning Meeting and maintaining weekly plans 2 weeks out.
- Coordinates activities between operations and maintenance and with other Plant staff, contractors, vendors, and other agencies as required.
- Stays abreast of the activities of engineering projects and uses this information in planning and scheduling work.
- Develops and coordinates planned outages and turnaround schedules.
- Assists in the development of a warehouse plan for maintenance parts, supplies, materials and tracks inventory levels.
- Assists in identifying and recommending training needs, equipment, specifications, and standards to help maintain consistent maintenance practices throughout the Plant and shares best practices across the company.
- Works with staff to prioritize work, and reports status of maintenance work to Chemtrade Personnel, as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains all equipment information, computer maintenance management system (CMMS), spare parts and documentation per RC14001 as well as ensuring WO closures include worker comments and adjusts benchmark WO’s to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- Schedules and plans all work needed to comply with federal and provincial regulations as required, as well as Chemtrade corporate ESHA and RC requirements,
- Works directly with operations and maintenance personnel to isolate and repair equipment problems.
- Monitors and report maintenance KPI’s and fosters an environment of continuous improvement.
Reports to: Plant Manager
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on Facebook.
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.