Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type : Unionized position
Salary offered: $40,710/hour
Reporting to the Manager, General Maintenance and Plumbing, the incumbent carries out various tasks related to the verification, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems.
- Check, install, maintain, repair and adjust pipes for, water supply, steam, compressed air, oil, drainage and fire prevention systems;
- Install, maintain, repair and adjust fixtures, devices and components such as sanitary appliances, valves, control devices, pumps, drains, sumps, reservoirs, meters, drain valves, fire hydrants, sprinklers, hot water unit heaters and air compressors;
- Ensure general and preventive maintenance of various heating and air-conditioning (chilled water) systems;
- Read and interpret plumbing plans, drawings and specifications and provide input during the tendering process;
- Attend site visits with professionals and project managers as part of the acceptance of work process for various upgrade and development projects;
- Ensure installation plans and integrated diagrams are up to date;
- Locate, drill or have drilled objects and surfaces in preparation for subsequent work;
- Prepare materials and perform various mechanical assembly or hot work (welding) operations on them;
- Assess problems and make changes to existing plumbing systems in order to improve their performance;
- Verify operating conditions for various devices; conduct pressure tests using hydraulic equipment; check fluid levels and make necessary adjustments;
- Set up, adjust and maintain machinery, tools and materials used; ensure work sites are clean, orderly and safe;
- Complete activity reports and prepare cost estimates for clients;
- Keep a specific inventory of plumbing equipment and facilities;
- Cooperate with other specialized workers and help them carry out their duties as required;
- As a Maintenance Plumber (Grade A), upon request from the immediate superior, initiate and verify work performed by external plumbers and subcontractors when needed and ensure it complies with industry practices and Ivanhoé Cambridge’s standards;
- As the case may be, report any anomalies or defects encountered to the immediate superior and take the appropriate steps to correct them;
- Regularly update knowledge and skills and suggest new or improved techniques to enhance the efficiency of mechanical systems;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Vocational diploma in plumbing/heating;
- Certificate of competence in plumbing/pipefitting;
- Good knowledge of the National Plumbing Code of Canada;
- Strong ability to read and interpret plans and specifications;
- Knowledge of high-pressure pumps for office towers;
- Knowledge of low and high steam pressure systems;
- Knowledge of sprinkler systems (fire prevention);
- Knowledge of and experience with natural gas systems an asset;
- 3-5 years of real estate experience;
- Construction site experience an asset;
- Organized, self-sufficient, dynamic, responsible, astute and conscientious;
- Commitment to customer service, teamwork and professional conduct;
- Work language is French – English an asset.
* Working schedule: 40 hours/week, day and night rotation. The incumbent must be available on weekends when required.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.