We're looking for a maintenance supervisor who is driven and ambitious enough to be a maintenance manager after 6+ months after proving himself. The work environment is a perfect fit for a tradesperson happy and comfortable teaching a small, inexperienced team in a fast-paced food production setting but motivated enough to do what it takes to get the job done.
Tired of being on the tools? You will never have to worry about job security, smelling bad, or being underappreciated for your talents.
Patience, teaching ability, temperament, and experience as a strong leader is crucial to your success.
Dayshift, Great salary, Opportunity for a fast promotion/raise to maintenance manager, and benefits with additional paid overtime/bonuses!
- Maintain plant with a high level of expertise using preventative and reactive practices to ensure all equipment operates efficiently and safely
- Report to plant manager and indirectly to maintenance directors
- Coordinating team schedule and act as a central point of contact
- Comfortable with being contacted/visiting plant when problems arise outside of regular hours
- Organize and monitor parts, tools, and equipment inventory with a central inventory system
- Conduct safety inspections
- Schedule subcontractors when necessary with plant advisor
- Help implement CMMS and document (plans, procedures, MOPs, SOP, etc) of all work orders in maintenance management system
- Management/Supervisor/Lead hand experience especially in a manufacturing facility preferred but not required
- Ability to work overtime and on-call as required especially when team cannot solve issues
- Journeyman millwright/electrician/power engineering ticket with 3+ years mechanical
- Experience in food industry (or similar industry ie: pharmaceutical, etc) strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Happy with constantly being on-site teaching and coaching team
- Strong critical thinking to suggest and implement new ideas
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems is an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines and have patience with the team