The Maintenance Supervisor shall supervise work activities, vehicle preventative maintenance, vehicle repairs and general building maintenance, ensuring First Canada and all Commercial Vehicle policy compliance and regulatory requirements. ..
The Maintenance Supervisor shall schedule and supervise all shop activities to ensure maximum productivity and ensure branch fleets are maintained to government and company requirements/standards.
• Manage scheduling of vehicles for repair and maintenance and keep files as required.
• Monitor fleet appearance and report body damage as a result of either abuse or accident
• Ensure effective and efficient inventory controls and conduct quarterly physical inventory counts.
• Ensure proper files are maintained for Commercial Vehicle Inspectors and First Canada auditors.
• Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner. Maintain and retain all necessary records and reports pertaining to environmental and health & safety issues and policies.
• Mechanical supervisory experience preferred
• Hold or have the ability to obtain a fork lift operator license
• May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
• Able to make quick well thought out decisions quickly in a high passed shop environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills in computer Work Order Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
• Valid BC driver’s license with Air Endorsement
• CNG experience preferred
• Hold or have the ability to obtain CVIP inspector and facility management
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong computer skills with experience in Excel, Word, Office Outlook (email), Internet Explorer and capable to learn and/or function with other in-house software
• Understanding of environmental reporting requirements & spill response
Trades Ticket Required
Shop Environment and on road calls as required. Shift work.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.