Our client, an established Canadian company focused on manufacturing of recycled packaging products, is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their team in Langley.
The Maintenance Manager is to manage maintenance in their Plant. This role oversees the work of trades people and coordination of ongoing preventative maintenance. This role supervises employees and contractors, requests for quotations, and oversees their work.
Ensures the facility is in good and safe condition at all times.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Trains, motivates and disciplines maintenance staff
- Assigns, schedules and coordinates maintenance work and projects
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Inspects building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in the coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Proficiency in calculating and purchasing the appropriate spare parts tools equipment to support the Pulp operation while avoiding unnecessary inventory
- Computer skills (ERP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary
- A highly energetic management and technical team
- Strong benefits package and 4% RRSP matching
- Being a part of a socially and environmentally responsible company
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!