Responsible for repair and maintenance of processing packaging equipment to ensure ongoing, cost effective operations, in a multi-shift environment.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Understand, support, and comply with Company, Provincial and Federal Health and Safety legislation and regulations as applicable
- Understand, support, and comply with Company, Provincial and Federal Environmental legislation and regulations as applicable
- Report any Environmental, Health and Safety concerns to management
SQF Quality and Food Safety:
- Understand, support and comply with all food safety and quality policies/procedures as per SQF Code which includes but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), Food Security, Kosher, Organic, Allergen, NHP, Hygiene, government regulations and customer requirements.
- Attend SQF, GMPs and Quality training as required
- Responsible to report food safety problems and/or quality problems to Managers/Supervisors or person with authority to initiate actions.
Job Specific Duties:
- Repair and maintain packaging, processing and material handling equipment
- Develop and maintain an effective PM program tracking operating failures and planned downtime
- Assign and review work of maintenance mechanics and some outside contractors
- Conducts workplace inspection in area of responsibility for safety and GMP violations, perform corrective actions
- Develop and support Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Continue to develop the relationship between the operators and Maintenance crew, cross training in maintaining equipment
- Monitor and track maintenance performance and take action when needed
- Able to read and interpret Blue prints, CAD drawings
- Must have the ability to quickly analyze a situation or problem and decide on the appropriate course of action.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple issues
- Ability to take verbal and written instructions and to communicate effectively
- Analytical aptitude
- Trouble shooting Capabilities
- Ability to bend frequently and lift heavy equipment as required
1. High School: Secondary School Diploma
2. Trade School: Millwright, Electronics, Computers, PLC's
3. Certificate / License: Millwright, Electrical license. Completed a trades apprenticeship program
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, WSIB
- Industrial Millwright, Electrician, Welding, and/or Machining