Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The Mobile Equipment Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of Mobile Equipment Maintenance Group. The incumbent will ensure worker/contractor safety through compliance with Lafarge Safety policies and procedures, and adherence to the Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in British Columbia. The Mobile Maintenance Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the planning and execution of Lafarge and supplier Mobile Maintenance strategies and best practices. This position is based at our operation on Texada Island, BC.
- Promote safety culture through engagement with employees and contractors, implementing and maintaining local and regional initiatives with an objective of zero safety incidents.
- Administer and promote policies & procedures and ensure that site meets or exceeds all government and Lafarge guidelines.
- Develop and preserve direct communication between the maintenance and operations teams, with the purpose of developing, coordinating and maintaining short, medium and long term maintenance schedules ensuring quarry equipment availability and reliability targets are met or exceeded.
- Track financial performance with local/regional tools.
- Provide detailed information for use in the development of the annual mobile repair maintenance budget.
- Execute annual mobile repair and maintenance budgets and perform analysis on identified cost savings opportunities.
- Act in accordance with the heavy mobile equipment supplier contracts at an operational level.
Labour Management/Personnel Development:
- Manage local CBA with site employees.
- Directly responsible for the motivation, scheduling, training, developing and supervision of all mobile equipment maintenance personnel in order to promote efficiency and customer service.
Relationships with Other Jobs:
- Reports directly to Production & Maintenance Manager.
- Works closely with the Fixed Equipment Supervisor, Purchasing & Warehousing Personnel, Safety Supervisor and Quarry Shift Supervisors.
- Safety: Near Miss process, MVA’s, FA’s, MI’s, LTI’s, execution of employee and contractor safety management programs.
- People Development/HR: Administer collective agreement, safety/personnel training
- Financial: Assist with target fleet exercise, annual mobile equipment repair budget, stock/Inventory management, and track relevant performance Indicators.
- Reports directly to Operations Manager.
- Assist in regional mobile asset management for fleet optimization.
- 9 Direct Reports, 6 mechanics and 3 fuel & lubrication employees.
- Supports the administration of a large sized HME fleet consisting of both owned and leased equipment.
- >20 OTR units
- >20 light duty units & support equipment
- Trade qualification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic, Red Seal certification.
- A minimum of five years of supervisory experience in heavy mobile equipment or related field.
- BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources Open Pit Shiftboss Certificate (preferred).
Experience and Skill Set:
- Strong communication, planning & organizational skills in a time sensitive environment.
- Excellent work ethic and demonstrated record of safety leadership.
- Proficiency with various computer applications including Microsoft Office and fleet management programs.
- Strong ability to manage people working within a collective agreement.
- A sound mechanical background with the capacity to provide troubleshooting assistance and guidance as required.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.