Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for supervising the maintenance department of BLC Rexdale facility. Your emphasis on safety, productivity, quality, cost control, environmental compliance and positive inter-departmental relations. The Rexdale operation is a 24/7 operation.
- Supervise and monitor the maintenance department against budget, quality, and safety standards.
- Manage, direct, train, and supervise the various trades in the maintenance department and contractors.
- Minimizing total downtime by optimizing preventative & predictive maintenance. Manage the repair parts inventory to ensure an adequate supply of necessary spare parts are on hand as required for the efficient operation of the business.
- Manage the plant housekeeping program as related to the maintenance department.
- Ensure compliance with Bunge safety policies and procedures by maintenance staff and contractors.
- Ensure environmental compliance related to maintenance operations.
- Provide technical input and work design for capital projects and process improvements.
- Work with Reliability team to ensure predictive maintenance and work planning is properly executed according to workflows.
- Work with the production group to set priorities for organizing and scheduling manpower for routine scheduled maintenance.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in an engineering or technical discipline is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates with a proven background supervising the various trades and have strengths in mechanical repairs and electrical design and repair.
- Candidate with stationary engineer or millwright ticket is preferred.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership and management skills within a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success in the application of safety standards, compliance with safety regulations, and the promotion of a safe working environment.
- Good working knowledge of PC applications such as Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Superior oral, written, and listening skills.
- Unrestricted cross-border mobility.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled