Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
You will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the operation, which includes all of the heavy equipment, production equipment, the mobile fleet and building facilities. This includes scheduling maintenance, managing and establishing budgets for large repairs, overhauls and preventative maintenance.
This includes regular plant inspections and equipment evaluations in addition to providing technical and supervisory assistance to all maintenance personnel. Emphasis will be on ensuring that the daily operations are in compliance with the Health and Safety and Environmental policies. Ensure safe, timely and cost effective maintenance and repairs to equipment within the operation. This includes ensuring optimum equipment utilization through external rentals, equipment placement, and coordination.
- Taking on a role as a safety leader, responsible to ensure that all direct reports adhere to plant safety policy and is responsible to remove roadblocks that would interfere with adherence to policy
- Assigning overtime, taking into account call-out procedures, overtime equalization, job continuation etc.
- Assist with annual repair budget.
- Cost benefit analysis process for equipment purchases
- CER process support to the business unit
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the operational equipment
- Ensure that plant equipment is environmentally compliant.
- Maintenance training in all areas as required
- Analyze unit lifecycle costs
- Use age/cost based replacement analysis
- Access equipment inventory
- Warranty claims follow-up
- Cost controls
- CSO duties/ Audits
- Overall safety and safety training for employees
- Authorizing invoices prior to A/
- Analysis of maintenance reports
- Assessing costs by component for each business unit and establishing cost controlling measures.
- Role model in the areas of leadership, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, safety, and environmental stewardship to ensure alignment with the company’s vision and critical success factors.
- Develop and administer maintenance programs that meet or exceed the expectations of the Operations group.
- Provide leadership to department employees by directing, coaching, supporting and delegating, as the situation requires.
- Provide resources necessary for employees to effectively perform their jobs in a timely and safe fashion.
- Establish short and long-term action plans for plant maintenance needs.
- Build and maintain partnerships between plant departments.
- Ensure the effective communication of plant and company goals to department employees.
- Reports to General Manager
- 5-12 Direct Reports
- Asphalt & paving, Ready Mix, Concrete Products and Aggregate Product Line
- Red Seal certified heavy duty mechanic.
- Supervisory experience leading a team.
- Ten to fifteen years previous experience in a similar capacity in a construction or equipment dealership operation.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent decision making abilities.
- Awareness and overall attitude of cost management.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral, computer skills and problem solving skills are required.
- Previous knowledge of all heavy construction equipment preferred.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.