We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
The primary responsibility of this role is overseeing and supporting experiences offered at the Maligne Lake. Reporting to the Director of Hospitality, Maligne Valley.
- Operate 4 F&B experiences and 1 Retail outlet
- Translate vision and strategy into actions designed to grow the business, both in hospitality delivery levels and financial results
- To be an active member of the Maligne Valley Management team, supporting peers & continually working at building a cohesive team that works together effectively as “one team”
- Conduct business with Guests, Staff and Suppliers with uncompromising integrity meeting our “Always Honest” and Pursuit collection core values
- Collaborates closely with F&B/Retail Support Services and the Maligne Retail Manager to enhance all elements of the hospitality experience at the newly renovated Maligne Canyon
- Consistently communicate strategy and results to the team
- Assist with the development of key performance indicators and delivery of these with the team
- Develops standard and techniques to ensure safety, efficiency, consistency, quality and an elevated guest and team experience
- Provide leadership and support in the creation and implementation of recognition programs that support and inspire hospitality/sales excellence
- Oversee all operational aspects of hiring & selection for frontline Hosts, Lead hands and selection of Supervisory positions
- Coach, develop and mentor the team while maintaining a fun, professional workplace
- Adherence to financial forecasts and budgets; instrumental in taking steps to assist the business in exceeding targets
- Assists in preparing necessary data for budget; projects, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results
- Foster a culture of creativity, excellence, fun and hospitality
- Maintain frontline presence, support and involvement on a regular basis
- “Promise to Place” ensure sustainability programming that represents the values at the heart of Pursuit; specifically, honoring place through stewardship, respect and community
- To meet the financial expectations set for your specific lines of business
- Managing costs on a day to day basis to expected business levels, tracking and reporting on labour/expenses incurred
- Manage scheduling and payroll ensuring staffing meets forecasted business volume
- Work with Applications and IT to ensure all products and point of sale are working effectively
- Ensure that our Guest and Sales areas are prepared and organized to meet daily forecasted business levels and exceed Guest expectations
- Ensure staff adherence to the policies and procedures of both Maligne Canyon operations and Pursuit Banff Jasper collection
- Initiate corrective measures and actions as necessary for employees not meeting performance expectations
- Ensure cash reports and safe counts are secure and accurate
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
- Act accordingly to all emergency and safety protocols taking on a leadership role as required for any instances that arise
- Minimum 3 years of senior leadership experience in food and beverage, resorts or attractions
- Unparalleled commitment to health and safety
- A passion for F&B and Retail hospitality
- Experience with multiunit leadership and asset
- Unwavering commitment to a hospitality experience and employee engagement
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, solutions driven and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to develop, update and adopt processes
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.