We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations.
We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
- Reporting to the Director of Tour Operations, the Front Office Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Maligne Valley front offices by ensuring all staff are knowledgeable and by providing each visitor with the highest quality experience
- Oversees the front office at Maligne Lake, the Pursuit Adventure Centre in Jasper, and a satellite desk at Maligne Canyon
- Anticipate guest needs and ensure each customer interaction is friendly and professional
- Troubleshooting and dealing with customer complaints and suggestions
- Health and Safety champion for the department, act accordingly to all emergency and safety protocols
- Support, coach and ensure that each member of the team provides upbeat and professional guest service that goes above and beyond our guests’ expectations
- Scheduling and managing all Front Office employees
- Inform staff of new clients, payment procedures and special functions
- Relieve Ticket Agents & Supervisors for lunches / breaks / shifts as required
- Monitor the sales to achieve daily, monthly and yearly targets
- Ensure that all department operations are properly executed and all company policies & procedures are followed
- Work closely with tour operations to ensure the ticket office and ops are perfectly aligned
- Oversee tour boat dispatching
- Maintain positive working relationships with tour group companies, suppliers and other departments
- Ensure that the Front Office area is kept clean and orderly on a daily basis
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and arrange for repairs as needed, act as an on-site contact for Front office IT systems
- Make sure Cash Reports and safe counts are secure and accurate
- Oversee the daily reconciliation of cash reports and applicable corrections and adjustments
- Ensure cash security by enforcing policies and authorized access to the safes and safe cash handling procedures in the ticketing areas
- Ensure all policies regarding individual sales and group sales are followed (credit privileges, minimum group discounts, etc.)
- Bring your best! Ensure all employees adhere to corporate grooming standards and enforce the highest level of presentation and professional conduct and comportment of front office employees
- Identify current/prospective staffing requirements, maintain and update manuals and yearly job descriptions
- Ensure all the required statistical information is gathered, entered and reported accurately and timely incl. daily cash reports and change float balance reports
- Time management, payroll reports and daily KPI’s
- Monitor TripAdvisor, monthly guest experience reporting, revinate and Ticket Agent reporting
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven supervisory and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Innovative outlook and customer centric world view
- Extensive cash handling experience
- Accounting experience an asset
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Computer literate with adequate knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- RTP experience and second language an asset
- To honor our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Contract dates;
- May 1st to October 15th, 2019
Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.