Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Finance Corporate Accounting
Position type: Contract (12 – 15 months)
The incumbent is responsible for the management and accounting of designated real estate investments as well as the efficient delivery of financial statements and related reports within specified timeframes. He or she must ensure that all reports are accurate and meet the Company’s accounting and financial standards and IFRSs. The incumbent oversees a team of senior accountants from the Specialized Accounting Group (SAG), which is responsible for all aspects of financial and managerial accounting, including accounting of transactions, currency conversion and adjustments for international accounting standards. He or she coordinates and reviews the team’s output and must be able to solve problems independently. The Manager works with senior advisors of the business units and ensures the collaboration of external stakeholders in attaining established reporting goals.
- Supervise the activities of a team of senior accountants;
- Ensure tasks are allocated appropriately within the Specialized Accounting Group (SAG) in a way that strikes a balance between delivery timeframes and individual workloads;
- Evaluate the performance of employees under his or her supervision in conjunction with the other manager and the concerned advisors;
- Review and validate information prepared by the SAG with regard to partner files, statutory financial statements, tax returns, Canadian/U.S. statistical reports, solvency checks, REIT tests, etc.;
- Liaise with external partners’ accounting teams to obtain the necessary information for accounting for investments;
- Ensure the SAG makes the proper accounting adjustments to comply with the Company's standards (market value and IFRSs);
- Supervise the accounting of various transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, restructuring) by the SAG;
- Coordinate ad hoc requests for asset management–related financial information with the senior advisor responsible for the business unit;
- Prepare financial analyses and information required by various teams within the Company (treasury, taxation, etc.);
Assist senior advisors in providing support to business units;
Execute internal controls during cash calls, banking transactions, etc. and coordinate the preparation of the relevant legal documents;
Prepare the required financial information for annual audited financial statements;
- Review all the financial information generated by the SAG as part of producing quarterly financial statements for the Audit Committee and yearly audited financial statements; answer any questions from the auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA designation;
- Seven to nine years of relevant experience;
- Solid supervisory and team leadership experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including an advanced knowledge of Excel; familiarity with JD Edwards an asset;
- Very good knowledge of Canadian and international accounting standards;
- Very good knowledge of the accounting aspects of consolidation and currency conversion;
- Very good written and spoken French and English;
- Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Keen analytical mind and knack for processing and interpreting complex information;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.