Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Property Valuation
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Asset Valuation, the incumbent is in charge of reviewing valuation reports for properties or companies in the portfolio. These assessments are primarily conducted by external consultants. The incumbent is responsible for overall performance analyses for the portfolio. He or she also handles certain duties related to managing the valuation process.
- Review valuation reports for a portion of the real estate portfolio, as well as management companies and interests in publicly listed companies; comment on the various parameters likely to impact market value;
- Review markets for designated properties;
- Issue preliminary and final reports and serve as the main point person for various internal and external stakeholders and partners;
- Analyze changes in value and generate reports explaining these variations;
- Prepare risk-return files and other analyses for the designated portfolio;
- Identify challenges and opportunities for portfolio assets and work with the Capital Allocation and Asset Valuation teams;
- Make recommendations to the CFO and senior managers on investment strategies and value-related issues with the portfolio;
- Track budgets and billing for the group’s valuation activities;
- Track control certifications;
- Help with the selection process for external appraisers;
- Supervise the Coordinator;
- On occasion, oversee analyses produced by managers and analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in finance or real estate; master’s degree, an asset;
- CFA, C.App. or AACI preferred;
- Five to ten years of related experience in real estate investment analysis and/or business valuation (offices, shopping centres, logistics properties, apartments);
- Experience with international markets, an asset;
- Proficiency in Excel and ARGUS Enterprise software;
- Works independently with proven leadership ability and analytical and processing skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Available to work a flexible schedule and perform under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Excellent spoken and written French and English;
- Strong teamwork and organization skills and a commitment to ongoing quality improvement;
- Available for occasional travel outside of Quebec.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.