- Support the communication of the company’s corporate narrative and business performance to key stakeholder groups, including business and financial media, influencers, investors.
- Experience developing persuasive communications as well as executive communications for a variety of audiences (internal/external).
- Monitor public domain for developing risks, or possible impacts on corporate reputation and/or objectives; provide recommendation and strategy to mitigate. Assist with unplanned projects/responses on key issues and developments.
- Management of social media platforms focused on employer brand; develop responses and exercise sound judgment to determine which internal stakeholders need to be involved / informed. Collaborative work with compliance, legal, marketing and human resources.
- Update and maintain corporate website. Support preparation of investor-facing communications and/or events.
- Support development and implementation of crisis communications plan and response process for organization.
- Assist with content development and positioning for employee events to drive understanding and alignment with corporate strategy.
- Research and track media coverage and industry trends; interaction with business media and influencers as required.
- Support public affairs / government relations activities across Canada.
- Management of external vendors and stakeholders
- University degree in journalism preferred.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to package information into simple and compelling content.
- 8+ years experience in a corporate communications role(s)
- Experience in corporate environments; experience handling material or sensitive information;
- Proven talent for writing; solid, demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written).
- Analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic, collaborative, ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management capabilities; attention to detail; solid judgment in complex situations
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines; exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Strong work ethic with a results-oriented attitude.
- Experience in change or transformation environments.
- Fully bilingual in English and French a must.
- Experience supporting crisis communications an asset.
- Government relations and/or investor relations experience an asset.
- Financial industry experience an asset.
What’s in it for you?
Looking for a rewarding career? You’ve come to the right place. At Fairstone, we offer all our permanent employees:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Incentive programs to recognize when sales targets are met (applies to branch network employees only)
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated to your start date)
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Sponsored Pension Plan
- Personal days and sick days
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Paid volunteer day and organized volunteering events across the country
- Ongoing Learning and Development Training
- Referral Incentives up to $5000.00
Come join our team!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.Whether you’re seeking first-time employment or are making a career change, Fairstone has the internal support to help our team members grow and succeed.