Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for data center, communications, aerospace and defense, and industrial markets. Microchip’s Data Center Solutions Business Unit (DCS) offers industry leading performance, reliability, and security for Smart Storage Controllers, RAID Controllers, SAS/SATA IO Controllers, SAS Expanders, PCIe Switches, and NVME Controllers.
As an ASIC emulation services manager in the Microchip Data Center Solutions group, you will get to lead a talented team of engineers prototyping our next generation of Data Center SoC products. Using your technical and leadership expertise you will lead an emulation services team in multiple areas of expertise in complex SoC emulation. You will be challenged and encouraged to discover the power of innovation. Microchip fosters continuous learning in a challenging and rewarding environment. If this sounds like the kind of environment you'd like to participate in, we'd like to hear from you!
Job responsibilities include any of the following:
• Lead a team of ASIC emulation engineers prototyping Microchip’s next generation of Data Center SoC IP
• Build, manage, mentor, and grow the ASIC emulation services team
• Help to define product emulation services including requirements, emulation IP specifications, and prototyping test plan specifications.
• Project management
• Define strategies to meet features, quality, and product schedules
• Responsible for resource planning and allocation to deliver against plans
• Lead the execution for product emulation including planning, setting project priorities and goals, tracking execution, change control, risk and issue management
• Provide technical leadership
• Working with cross functional teams such as architecture, product development, firmware, and validation
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 10 years of relevant industry experience
• Previous experience leading teams
• Project management experience
• Experience building and mentoring teams including hiring, planning, and development methodologies
• Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and documentation skills
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Experience with Verilog, System Verilog and/or VHDL
• Experience with the ASIC design and/or verification flow
• Experience with the SoC emulation flow
• Experience with embedded processors (ARM/MIPS) is an asset
• Experience with storage protocols and interfaces is an asset (PCIe, NVMe, SAS)