Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Facility Manager who is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Burnaby Facility. The Facility Manager oversees the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will ensure well-managed, well-maintained and safe buildings and facilities.
- As the Facilities Manager, you will develop and maintain standards for planned preventative maintenance and office upkeep to ensure optimal function of all building systems and a safe work environment.
- Be accountable for the building day-to-day operations and services through proactive program, facility staff and vendor management, including developing scope of work and negotiating service contracts for HVAC, plumbing, electricians, janitorial, security, food and vending programs, etc.
- Delegate tasks, projects and resources to resolve service request tickets while having the ability to roll up your sleeves when necessary.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Leadership and peers to improve effectiveness and efficiency and utilization of our facilities including R&D workspace. Propose innovative solutions to address needs.
- Liaise with building ownership and property management on site-related matters.
- Develop and maintain operating and capital budgets, including facility asset lifecycle replacement programs. Collaborate with Finance to review budget performance. Maintain vendor PO’s and approve facility invoices and spending.
- Oversee energy management, environmental and sustainability program compliance.
- Manage delivery of facility improvement projects, engaging internal and external resources as required.
- Oversee facility OH&S and emergency response program in coordination with Landlord, including emergency response teams and evacuations.
- Manage security and access control programs for division, including 3rd party security officers, badge and key access.
- Support remote facilities throughout Canada as required.
- Serve as after-hours emergency facility contact as required.
- 5 years of experience in facility management and corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management within a large organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing and coaching staff in addition to vendor-partner relationships.
- A working knowledge of building systems & maintenance (HVAC, fire life safety, lighting, electrical, plumbing, access control, EV charging stations, etc.)
- Self-starter with an ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines along with a proven ability to identify and solve problems.
- Security and access control program management.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite