- Req ID: 73965
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1.00
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 02/21/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Located in Calgary, reporting to the Director of Finance & HR, the Manager – SAP FI will manage/maintain the process, technical and data aspects of SAP FI.
- Manage the functional aspects of CP’s SAP Finance on the Hana platform;
- Define and drive a current and future state Finance strategic roadmap;
- Oversee the ongoing development and sustainment of the SAP Finance modules + interfaces from legacy systems to SAP ECC;
- Identify business improvement opportunities, define detailed requirements and manage deployment of sustainable planning and reporting solutions in partnership with business and IS stakeholders;
- Ensure all SAP Finance Support Team members have a full understanding of the application configuration, processing logic, data and its impacts from a fully integrated perspective on all processes that generate or use SAP information;
- Develop, implement and coordinate system controls to ensure system integrity and security of data maintained on the system.
To achieve this you will possess a post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Computer Science, Finance or a related field. In addition, you will have a minimum of 12 years related SAP experience, including systems/applications development and support, business systems analysis; systems project management, of which 1 to 5+ years’ experience is directly related to managing/leading change initiatives, implementation and support of SAP Enterprise systems, specifically SAP Finance.
- Manage and mentor a team of 12 SAP FI Specialists.
- Maintain and support CP’s SAP FI footprint. The FI footprint at CP includes FI/CO, Treasury, Project Systems, VIM, tax, AP, Regulatory to name a few;
- Develop internal resources with appropriate skills to leverage FI;
- Log onto CP's issue management system, manage problems and change requests related to reporting including documenting resolution information;
- Provide reporting problem resolution assistance and support to various departments – primarily Finance;
- Create and/or update reporting configuration and business process procedures documentation;
- Analyze, develop, test and implement reporting functionality for enhancement and support pack updates;
- Manage SAP Online Support System notes and transports in the area of reporting;
- Develop detailed test plans and scripts for reporting using ALM; and work with other functional teams to ensure that continued effective integration with SAP ECC modules and other data sources is achieved.
- Assess business and application requirements;
- Drive the development of functional and system specifications;
- Conduct fit/gap analysis and business process modeling;
- Configure the software to business requirements;
- Develop and execute tests to confirm the functionality;
- Create necessary documentation and delivering knowledge transfer sessions;
- Communicate in a team environment.
- University degree or equivalent in Commerce/Business Administration, Finance, or Computer Science;
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the full-life cycle of large and complex enterprise services;
- Preferably 5+ years in managing/leading change initiatives/staff;
- Experience in configuring, implementing and providing ongoing support of SAP FI;
- Must have very strong demonstrated knowledge of SAP FI including good hands on working experience;
- Experience in implementing SAP FI solutions.
- Supervisory experience with strong leadership, mentoring and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues by analyzing and evaluating possible solutions;
- Ideally 5 or more full project lifecycles with SAP FI;
- Strong configuration skills in SAP FI;
- Preferred applicants will be certified in SAP FI;
- Strong familiarity with SAP implementation methodologies, including ASAP;
- Extensive experience designing and configuring the key integration points between SAP FI and other ECC modules.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a dynamic workplace;
- Strong customer service skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with all level of employees through intuitive business insight and personal credibility; this includes the ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes;
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple and diverse projects and priorities concurrently with aggressive timelines;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate with various audiences, stakeholders and end users.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").