Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
National Diabetes Trust
Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with Type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance, NDT, the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, will be a key member in driving performance improvement of the commercial arm of one of Canada’s key health charities. You will participate in a wide range of strategic initiatives in support of the organization’s goals.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will take initiative to identify process improvements, cost savings, best practices, and overall organizational excellence. You will be responsible for financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and planning for the initiatives he/she undertakes, as well as for providing ad hoc support to projects and programs across the organization.
About the Role
· Oversee the business development financial modeling, risk assessment, and reporting. Focus will be on non-monthly duties, but more on performing the analysis required for operations improvement and new business activities in order to meet our strategic plan.
· Oversee the accuracy and increased operational reporting, including Production, Call Centre and other OMA (inhouse database) reporting.
· Conduct project reviews with the finance team and business partners, as required to increase level of analysis and provide a more thorough monthly/quarterly MD&A reporting. This would include a business partner to senior functional leaders on the analysis.
· Full development of Dashboards for all departments to track the metrics required to run their business in an efficient manner.
· Provide input into the annual strategic planning and budget development process for the Finance department and relevant divisions for business operations including:
· Evaluating and costing proposed projects to ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives.
· Monitoring, updating, and communicating adjustments to the project budgets, as needed.
· Lead cross-functional teams on project initiatives, on an as-needed basis.
· Provide assistance and guidance on finance & accounting related projects, as they arise.
· Provide back-up support to the Executive Director and the Finance Managers, as required.
As the successful candidate for the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis role you will have:
· University degree in finance, business administration, accounting or an equivalent field.
· Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA).
· At least 5 years of progressive finance and accounting experience with a strong ability to translate operations into finance and finance into clear operational guidance.
· Previous work experience in a logistics environment/organization would be a definite asset.
· Expertise with MS Office, MS Excel, ERP and other financial reporting systems.
· Strong process knowledge and ability to improve current process and procedures.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Demonstrates leadership within the business.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills with the ability to produce meaningful reporting to senior management.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, willing to seek out new challenges and “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
What National Diabetes Trust Can Offer You
· Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
· Be a member of a high-performing team with highly skilled colleagues
· An organization that is making a meaningful impact in Canada – on ending diabetes while helping the environment
· Employee discounts, including GoodLife corporate membership discount
How to Apply
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
· We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
· We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.