Our Client is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in their Toronto Corporate office. This position will be responsible for leading the management of financial reporting to support operational decisions; analysis of the company’s actual results and the preparation and consolidation of forecasts, budgets, and long-range plans.
- Manage the consolidation effort related to budget/forecast/actuals across all functional areas; this includes detailed reviews of the submission and key account analysis on trends and projections in order to validate submissions
- Organize and assist in the preparation of budget/forecasting presentations, monthly/quarterly close packages, quarterly earnings reporting, as well as company presentations
- Model strategic transactions, contracts, and partnerships, and align with the financing strategy
- Drive the creation, adoption, and standardization of the quarterly forecasting/planning process and FP&A involvement in the monthly close process
- Assist in the planning and implementation of various new systems and processes for a rapidly evolving business; this may include modifications to existing systems/tools
- Assist with and manage various ad hoc projects as needed
- Manage cash flow forecast and some treasury functions
- Develop, motivate, lead and coach up to 2 team members
- Preparation of MD&A and certain financial statement schedules and review of financial statements
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong modeling skills and ability to translate strategy into models
- University degree with a professional accounting designation or a business degree in finance
- 5+ years of related experience in finance or strategy with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Extremely proficient with MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Process-oriented with strong organization skills. Ability to quickly grasp finance and operations practices and business drivers
- Execution-focused with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills & attention to detail
- Experience with public company reporting cycles and IFRS
If you qualify for this opportunity, please apply!
Plan Finance is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.