ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is building high-performance protective solutions for the evolving needs of the modern soldier
The Manager, Financial Reporting & Corporate Accounting is responsible for the preparation of the company’s financial reporting (consolidated financial statements and management analysis); ensuring that company procedures conform to US GAAP. The Manager will be responsible for researching, developing, and documenting technical accounting memos and will play an active role in the internal control structure. The Manager, Financial Reporting & Corporate will lead the year-end audits and will also supervise the Accountants in recording and maintaining general ledger for various subsidiary business units.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the Accountants Team in maintaining general ledger records and files.
- Responsible for month-end close for all entities by preparing and reviewing reconciliations, schedules, journal entries and eliminations and by ensuring the month-end tasks are performed according to the corporate time lines.
- Lead year-end audits
- Oversees the preparation and analysis of monthly, annual, and other periodic financial statements and reports
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Support translation and consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting package for lenders and other financial institutions.
- Ensures that external documents submissions and filings are accurate and timely.
- Support the preparation of tax provisions for Canadian and US entities
- Provide guidance to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable group as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls and compliance obligations related to Accounting
- Developing short and long term goals and objectives for the accounting department
- Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures, including management of the chart of accounts.
- Ensures that accounting plans, goals, and policies are consistent with established company-wide goals
- Perform other financial, accounting or administrative tasks as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting or finance required; in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- A CPA License required (CPA, CA preferable).
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems, SyteLine a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Excel (advanced) Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in French and English.
- Excellent time management, project management and planning skills required.
- Attention to detail.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, passionate and positive can-do attitude a must.
Behavioral competency Requirements
- Timely decision making
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Drive for results
- Priority settings
Work environment (include physical requirements)
- Office environment, some repetitive motion required.
- Some overtime required.
- Occasional travel within the United States, Canada, and Europe required.