Revision is passionately committed to providing leading-edge soldier systems solutions and equipment for mission critical military and tactical use worldwide. Our integrated, modular equipment is engineered to answer the needs of modern operators: enhancing lethality and survivability. This inspires a passionate and energetic work environment. It binds Revision together as a unit that moves as one. It makes Revision a truly unique and dynamic team.
Revision began in 2001 as a protective eyewear company and has grown by leaps and bounds to present, evolving to incorporate advanced helmet development and manufacturing, as well as forward-thinking power management solutions and integrated soldier systems. Revision’s equipment and solutions resonate so strongly because the hard-won experience of end-users is hardwired into everything the company makes. We are passionate about what we do—always looking to the future, always one step ahead. At Revision, you won’t just be building a great career. You’ll also be helping to develop incredibly innovative, life-saving solider systems and equipment. We want Revisionaries with big ambitions and an eagerness to do work that really matters.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager, Financial Reporting & Corporate Accounting is responsible for the preparation of the company’s financial reporting (consolidated financial statements and management analysis); ensuring that company procedures conform to US GAAP. The Manager will be responsible for researching, developing, and documenting technical accounting memos and will play an active role in the internal control structure. The Manager, will lead the year-end audits and will also supervise the Accountants in recording and maintaining general ledger for various subsidiary business units.
• Supervise the Accountants Team in maintaining general ledger records and files.
• Responsible for month-end close for all entities by preparing and reviewing reconciliations, schedules, journal entries and eliminations and by ensuring the month-end tasks are performed according to the corporate time lines.
• Lead year-end audits
• Oversees the preparation and analysis of monthly, annual, and other periodic financial statements and reports.
• Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
• Support translation and consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting package for lenders and other financial institutions.
• Ensures that external documents submissions and filings are accurate and timely.
• Support the preparation of tax provisions for Canadian and US entities
• Provide guidance to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable group as necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining internal controls and compliance obligations related to Accounting
• Developing short and long term goals and objectives for the accounting department
• Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures, including management of the chart of accounts.
• Ensures that accounting plans, goals, and policies are consistent with established company-wide goals
• Perform other financial, accounting or administrative tasks as required
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a trustworthy and passionate individual with strong drive for results. Applicants should have experience dealing with ambiguity, present themselves with integrity, and have interpersonal savvy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business
• 8+ years’ experience in accounting or finance required; in a manufacturing environment a plus.
• A CPA License required (CPA, CA preferable).
• Strong knowledge of ERP systems, SyteLine a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Excel (advanced) Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in French and English.
• Excellent time management, project management and planning skills required.
• Attention to detail.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
• Energetic, passionate and positive can-do attitude a must.
ARE YOU A REVISIONARY?
With your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in Revision Military
Revision Military provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Revision Military complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.