Manager, Global Communications
Vancouver, BC, Canada
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Reporting to the Director, Global Communications, the Manager, Global Communications will be primarily responsible for helping develop, coordinate and manage various external and internal communications efforts and campaigns on behalf of Avigilon. The Manager, Global Communications will help draft engaging content for a variety of mediums including digital and print, while continuously seeking new ways to help improve the Avigilon’s corporate brand and identity in the industry and within the organization.
The successful applicant will be a creative and innovative thinker with a strong track record of developing credible ideas for content, as well as managing and executing strategic plans. This is a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment, and the role will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented communicator with a solid foundation in project management and an uncanny ability to see the bigger picture at all times. This role will oversee a team of three (and growing!) so experience managing a team is ideal.
- Help draft and oversee the development of a wide range of marketing and communications materials, including news releases, blog posts, speaking notes, articles, presentations and go to market collateral
- Lead and implement the creative and strategic media relations strategy for our biggest markets, looking to maximize media opportunities internationally to help build our brand
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with senior-level stakeholders and influence those stakeholders as a trusted advisor on communications
- Manage external agencies to deliver on objectives and strategies for PR, digital and corporate communications
- Develop overall talking points, media briefing materials and media plans in coordination with other team members as appropriate
- Provide guidance to executives on media interviews and external messages
- Work with the brand and digital marketing team to plan and develop content, and execute online strategies
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure consistent and effective messaging across all marketing collateral
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline such as marketing, public or media relations, communications, or a related field
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Thorough understanding of branding and communications principles and tactics
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both strategic programs and supporting tactics
- Meticulous copy editing skills with very strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering the highest quality output
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google work (slides, gmail, sheets, docs)
- Strong history of branding and corporate identity experience
- Experience generating local, national and international media coverage
- Strong team management and leadership skills, with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high expectations
- Experience leading a team, as well as providing feedback to team
- Flexible and open to changing priorities
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Motorola Solutions Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.