Manager Information Security-1900012290
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud and Physical Security capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
BMO Financial Group seeks to hire a Manager for Central Testing Unit (CTU). CTU will drive the Testing & Evaluation of Information Security (IS) Controls in the Process, Risk & Controls (PRC) framework. PRC is a set of key processes, risks and controls associated with the use and support of technology in the delivery of business objectives. The candidate will be responsible to play a leadership role in the management of PRC framework, Testing of Design and Operating Effectiveness of IS controls. The role requires working closely with the CTU Stakeholder community and IS 1A functions that are responsible for Design and / or Operations of IS controls.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the interpretation and deployment of key Industry standards and regulatory requirements as contained within the PRC.
- Play a lead role in the review, ongoing assessment and testing of IS controls in the PRC framework. This includes test preparation, test execution, providing recommendations and reporting on the status of the identified gaps / issues.
- Accountable to effectively and proactively contribute to the success of CTU program through the coordination, consolidation, analysis, recommendations, and reporting
- Play a key role in developing capability to provide CTU inputs that are required for regulatory reporting and audit queries
- Lead in the collection/consolidation of CTU related data to be utilized for management and executive communications, including presentations, organizational program support, and communications between teams
- Perform communication, make recommendations or escalations to management of CTU changes or updates as per established management reporting guidelines
- Ensure testing lifecycle is implemented in a timely & consistent manner
- Provide leadership and direction by setting context, defining accountabilities, tasks and assignments
- Coach, motivate, develop and evaluate performance of subordinates and provide guidance and mentoring in the resolution of complex issues
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- At least one professional Information Security Certifications (i.e. CISSP / CISM / CISA)
- At least 10 years experience in Information Security management reporting processes and methodology
- Good understanding of Information Security standards and frameworks is preferred, such as ISO 27001, ISO 27002 (2013), NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, COBIT 5, ITIL, BITS SIG Lite, FFIEC, GLBA, PCI DSS, and others
- Strong foundation in Information Security processes, procedures, controls, reporting, risk and regulatory requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of data processing and IT security arrangements
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and present effectively through a range of mediums, to various audiences, in a way that demonstrates subject-matter knowledge, facilitates comprehension, and inspires appropriate action
- Exceptional and proven leadership capabilities – communication, conflict resolution, people management, relationship management (internally/externally), and multitasking
- Advanced level of conceptual and strategic thinking with strong problem management skills
- Ability to act with the highest integrity in ambiguous situations and conflicts
- Experience in managing projects and using project management skills is desired
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrates expert leadership skills and capabilities
- Displays high ethics and trust values
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.