Trent University is seeking applications for the position of Manager, Information Systems in the university’s Information Technology (IT) Department.
Trent University is noted for internationally-respected faculty, globally-significant research, and world-class facilities. The Peterborough campus is located on the beautiful Otonabee River in the heart of the Kawarthas. Trent University has approximately 10,000 full and part-time students, and employs approximately 2,000 employees, including faculty staff, contract staff, and student staff. Trent offers over 60 undergraduate and professional degree programs and a total of 20 graduate programs. Students benefit from a greatly enhanced academic experience due to Trent's ability to consistently deliver a meaningful, high-quality liberal undergraduate education in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences in an environment that places a strong emphasis on interaction between students and professors.
The Trent University IT Department is a highly respected and valued part of the Trent community. The department delivers support services to all staff, faculty, and students, maintains information systems used primarily for the administration of the university, and supports the infrastructure necessary to deliver network, computing, and server resources. This position is an integral part of the management team and reports directly to the Associate Vice President, IT. The ideal candidate for this position is;
- a seasoned manager, with previous management experience,
- a collaborator, who can work across the university to understand the challenges and opportunities facing the university and is able to present information system solutions where appropriate,
- a team player, who can work across the IT department to overcome challenges and present solutions,
- a coach, who works to lift up their team of programmers/analysts, provide guidance, suggest learning opportunities, and truly listen to their needs,
- a planner, who is able to holistically view and prioritize their work area demands,
- a learner and teacher, who is committed to lifelong learning, and
- an information systems expert, who comes from a programming background, preferably with ERP experience, and who is able to work with their team members and provide technical guidance when necessary.
Trent University is the right place for you, we offer eligible employees a comprehensive employee pension and benefit package, a commitment to ongoing learning and development, and an exceptional work environment in the following ways:
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Generous Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Sabbaticals
- Self-Funded Leaves
- Tuition Rebate for Employee, Spouse, and Dependents
- Professional Development Programs for all Employee Groups
- Long Service Recognition Program
- Variety of Work/Life Balance Options
- State-of-the-art Athletics Centre and a Staff Wellness Credit
- Beautiful campus located on the Otonabee River with plenty of hiking and biking trails
- A green campus, that embraces sustainability and the environment
- Thriving downtown, with plenty of unique shops, cafes and restaurants
For more information on this position, please view the detailed Job Description.
******Please visit https://www.trentu.ca/humanresources/careers/non-academic/manager-information-systems-0 to apply for this position. Applications submitted directly through job board will not be accepted.******