|Position Title||Manager, Maintenance|
|No. of Positions||1|
|Geographic Location||Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
The Manager, Maintenance position is responsible for ensuring maximum efficient operations of facilities and equipment, as well as the care of all grounds and support equipment, through the direction of a technical support staff made up of supervisors, technicians, custodians, and the purchase of necessary outside technical and non-technical support services. Primarily accountable for recommending equipment modification for upgrades and developing and maintaining preventative maintenance programs.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Forecast future plant requirements to support projected production demands.
· Direct the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems.
· Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
· Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services.
· Plan and manage facilities maintenance budget.
· Maintain the principles of the company cost control system.
· Develop systems of open communications to be implemented between employees and management.
· Organize and schedule Preventative Maintenance on all equipment.
· Forecast areas of training and development required for the efficient operation of the maintenance department.
· Ensure that employee reviews are conducted on an annual basis and in a consistent manner.
· Develop systems and programs to promote employee participation and involvement.
· Provide input on quotations regarding machine reliability for Engineering.
· Recommend wage increases orpromotions within the Maintenance Department.
· Maintain contact with Corporate on Government Legislation i.e. Ministry of the Environment.
· Analyze balance sheets.
· Compare budgets to actual expenditures and make financial projections.
· Make estimates for budgeting purposes.
· Instruct staff regarding adherence to health and safety regulations.
· Post-Secondary Education in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
· Minimum eight years previous experience.
· Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to send out emails, monitor budgets and type out memos, etc.
· Able toread accounting and financial statements and interpret scale drawings such as blueprints.
· Ability to work independently.
· Able to converse in group discussions for improving work processes and or product quality.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
|Employment Type||Full Time Salary|
|Percentage of Travel Required||11-25%|