Job Description SummaryThis position requires an individual with a strong maintenance background in a heavy industrial environment, to manage our maintenance related activities. In addition, this individual needs to be able to plan, schedule, and coordinate scheduled and emergency repairs for a facility that runs 24/7, 365 days per year. The candidate must be available for evening and weekend calls.
Responsibilities, Skills & Experience
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
Manage Preventive Maintenance Program at Langley Plant and Topley Terminal
- Plan, schedule and coordinate corrective and preventive maintenance activities, taking into account production activities and requirements
- Work with plant management to continuous upgrade PMs and ensure compliance with PM program
- Identify, analyze, and review maintenance problems with management, including coordinating manpower, parts, materials and equipment
Maintenance purchasing and parts inventory management
- Purchase parts and services to perform needed repairs and maintenance
- Negotiate pricing and service levels with vendors
- Create work orders, purchase requisitions, shopping carts in SAP and SRM
- Update parts and equipment inventory
Plan major equipment outage schedules
- Estimate costs for major jobs and track spending vs. budget
- Develop short and long term equipment outage plans, and assist in the development of capital expenditures program for the facility
- Time keeping (ADP)
- Close out work orders daily and input actual hours
- Post daily, weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators and trends
- Report on performance versus goals and budget/forecast
Back-up the Production Manager
- Back-up the Production Manager when he/she is not on-site. This includes production planning and priority-setting, and scheduling personnel.
- Demonstrate environmental and safety leadership. Support Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives and awareness programs.
- Ensure team members have a clear understanding of expected safety performance
- Enforce regulatory safety compliance and integrate corporate safety programs and initiatives at the plant and terminal
Safe Quality Food (SQF):
- Ensure a SQF workplace .
- Support Environmental Health and Safety, as well as SQF initiatives and awareness programs.
- Be a leader and promoter of employee safety and SQF culture.
- Ensure employees have a clear understanding of expected safety and SQF performance and the required training.
- Ensure proper training programs are implemented for new employees and continued for existing employees.
- Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, SQF and environmental compliance at the site.
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certification
- Strong knowledge of mechanical equipment, electrical power infrastructure and process control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and schedule repairs in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access is required. SAP and MS Project experience is a plus
- Previous maintenance experience required; maintenance supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Must be capable of working shift work, overtime, seven days, and/or holidays, if needed
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to industrial high temperature, noise, and dust
- Access all areas within a site which could include height of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels
- Able to lift over 55 pounds
Required Experience: 5+ years of heavy industrial experience in a maintenance/mechanical role.
Required Education: High School Diploma and BC Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate (BCTQ)
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.