We are looking for Manager, Sechelt reporting to the Director, Coastal Community of Care (CoC)
This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact in the delivery of care on British on the care of British Columbia, while living in one of the country’s most beautiful locations, the Sunshine Coast. As Manager, Mental Health and Substance Use, you will provide operational oversight of effective and efficient mental health & addiction services for Sechelt and surrounding area. You will pay a critical role and will need to recognize and understand the population and unique challenges of the rural and remote communities within the Coastal Community of Care.
Located on the Sunshine Coast, north of Vancouver, Sechelt is as laid-back as it is scenic, full of artists and surrounded by mountains, it’s an area known for its mild weather and forested mountains. With its mild climate; Sechelt’s winters are easily the warmest of Canada’s towns. Nestled between Georgia Strait and Sechelt Inlet, this charming seaside town serves as a central hub for exploring the southern Sunshine Coast.
Sechelt has a diverse community and is a center for tourism and recreation, attracting people from the world over. It’s is named after the original First Nations people of the region – the shíshálh, whose nations lay just north of Sechelt in the Sechelt inlet.
Having surpassed the 10,000 permanent resident threshold in 2018, Sechelt debuted at number twelve, on BC Business’ ‘Best Cities for work in B.C. 2019’. It joins Whistler, Squamish, and North Vancouver in the top spots over Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey for the best places to work in the province.
Who we are:
As one of British Columbia's six regional health authorities, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. Dedicated to delivering the highest quality services, we are fully committed to supporting healthy lives with the robust resources of 13 hospitals, a number of community health centres, 2,500 physicians, more than 13,500 full time staff, and over $3 billion in funding.
But that's only part our story. VCH is about something bigger; we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" – on everything from new surgical techniques to funding models – when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We are proud to hold best-in-class awards in everything from research, surgical care and infection control, to harm reduction, community care, communications and community engagement. At our core, we are people-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep, where opportunity exists for those with a passion to transform health.
- The chance to work with our inspiring and skilled health care teams
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Vancouver consistently ranks high as one of the most "liveable" cities
- Supportive leadership & organizational integrity
- A positive, productive, & reputable organizational culture
- Work-life balance
- Professional development
- An organization with advanced clinical technology & state-of-the-art facilities
- One of Canada’s top funded & innovative research institutes
- A “People First” commitment to both staff & clients
Who you are:
- An operational leader; you have progressively senior leadership experience leading a team of interdisciplinary professionals across multiple health services; ideally with a nursing background.
- An inspiring leader; you inspire confidence and bring solid operational leadership skills,
- and foster highly productive working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker; you use uses strong leadership, strategic thinking, problem solving and innovation abilities to develop effective strategies and ensure support and attainment of goals.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to see your resume. Apply now!
Questions? Feel free to reach out to one of the members of our team – Ashley Dawson –firstname.lastname@example.org or Robin Hancock – email@example.com