Manager of Marketing and Sales, Canada is responsible for initiating, prioritizing, and executing business development activities to achieve agreed upon business goals and optimizing the overall customer satisfaction and profitable growth of Railserve Canada. Position may be located in Edmonton, Calgary, or southern Ontario.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify trends and determine system improvements to achieve marketing and sales operational goals.
- Lead RFP process as the main contact for customers.
- Develop field sales action plans and advertising to accomplish marketing and sales goals.
- Field online inquires and follow up.
- Identify different customer requirements to properly identify marketing opportunities.
- Research and capitalize on different marketing opportunities to improve product marketability and profitability.
- Anticipate new opportunities to maintain relationships with important clients.
- Gather, investigate and summarize data and trends to provide accurate information through reports.
- Stay up-to-date on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, attending conferences and workshops, reading professional publications, maintaining a personal network and joining professional organizations.
- Collaborate with other managers and key employees in sales and marketing department to achieve important goals
- Develops and maintains an effective liaison with senior executives in North America both within and outside to enhance the public image of the Company.
- Directs the business development efforts to ensure the achievement of customer satisfaction and market share objectives of Railserve Canada.
- Responsible for business development and general oversight of on-going customer relationship, including new product services, geography, special attention to the major investments being directed to oil-sands and alternate energy opportunities in Canada.
- Provides insight, analysis and strategy on how to approach the industries that Railserve services.
- Must be conversant with government regulations and legal requirements pertaining to the rail car transportation business as well as those pertaining to chemical, oil and food industries.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a sales representative, preferably in the same industry
- 1-2 years of sales management experience
- Proficient with multiple tools/software to conduct daily business activities (Google, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Exceptional understanding of sales and marketing.
- Proven ability to learn and understand company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure preferred.
- Superior communication skills; Must be comfortable engaging n a variety of different communicative modes ( verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Strong teamwork, initiative, resilience, and tact required.
- Negotiation skills and perseverance are critical.
- When necessary, the ability to understand and communicate within a technical or specialized subject- matter, particularly as it pertains to the industry.
C. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
D. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
E. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Individual must have the ability to travel frequently.
We are an equal opportunity employer.